Blake Garden is a site for experiential learning for classes in landscape design, plant identification, environmental planning, painting and drawing, and photography, to name a few. As well as being a resource for the department it serves various area colleges and schools, organizations and groups and the community at large.
Blake offers work study opportunities for UC Berkeley students.
Projects may include:
- Invasive species identification and control
- Planting & transplanting
- Propagating plant material
- Pruning trees and shrubs
- Wall, path & seating construction
- Garden bed restoration
- Composting, developing soil health
- Integrated pest management
- Water management
If you are interested please contact:
Meghan Ray, Blake Garden Manager
Phone: (510) 524-2449