On April 10th, UC Berkeley Professor Chi Wang brought his EPS 50 geology class to the garden as part of a tour of Bay area geology. He met with his students at the 30′ blue schist outcropping in the lower part of the garden. They discussed the index minerals that are found in the large rock: Lawsonite and Glauconite. Lawsonite is named for UC Geology Professor Andrew Lawson (1861-1952), although it was actually discovered by one of his students, who named the mineral in his honor. After visiting the rock, volunteer Peter Suchecki brought the group to "the seep" to talk about the spring that is supplied with water from the deep subsurface.